Well, maybe “insane” may be a bit dramatic but these facts about video marketing are truly astonishing. They should make you sit up and say, “Wow, who knew?” Most of all, they should propel you – this very minute! – to begin using professional video to reach your target audiences.
We understand that 32 is a lot of facts about video marketing for even the brainiest brainiac to remember, so we’re going to give them to you in five helpful categories.
Ready? Let’s go!
Video is growing like a California wildfire.
While fires frequently force people to flee, video, when used correctly, can lead you to the people you most want to attract. Here are some facts to add fuel to the fire (sorry, we couldn’t resist).
1. Almost half (45.4 %) of internet users viewed at least one video online during the course of a month (ComScore).
2. YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100 percent every year.
3. At the current growth rate, Cisco predicts that it will take more than five million years to watch every video that crosses global IP networks in a single month by 2019. (All the more reason why your videos should be the most interesting and creative videos to be found anywhere online!)
People watch video.
With all this video being produced, it just makes sense that people are watching it (duh!). What’s truly impressive is how many people are watching and how much video they are watching. Check it out:
4. Seventy-five percent of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
5. The average viewer spends more than 16 minutes watching online video ads every month (ComScore).
6. Eighty percent of viewers recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days (Online Publishers Association).
7. Video ad spending is predicted to reach $5.4 billion (Break Media).
8. Video ads comprise 35 percent of total online ad spending today (Break Media).
9. Fifty-nine percent of executives would rather watch video than read text (Forbes).
10. One-third of all online activity is spent watching video.
11. YouTube users watch more than three billion hours of video per month (YouTube).
12. Ipad users will watch videos up to five minutes long.
13. Videos that are 15 seconds or shorter are shared 37 percent more often than those that last between 30 seconds and one minute (Jun Group).
14. The average internet user spends 88 percent more time on a site with video (Mist Media).
People trust video.
Watching is one thing. Trusting is another. Yet nearly 100 percent of people who watch product videos say that it helps them make a decision. That sounds like trust to us. What’s perhaps even more impressive: professional marketers have big plans for video.
15. 90 percent of users say that watching a video about a product is helpful in the decision-making process.
16. 65 percent of U.S. marketers plan to increase their mobile ad budgets to include video (eMarketer).
17. 87 percent of online marketers use video content (Outbrain).
18. 22 percent of U.S. small businesses plan to post a video in the next 12 months (BIA/Kelsey).
Video Spurs Action.
This is where the rubber meets the proverbial road. People can watch video all day long, but who cares if it does not spur action. By all accounts, people are taking action after watching video:
19. Including video in an email can increase click-through rates by up to 300 percent (Forrester).
20. Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80 percent (Unbounce).
21. Combining video with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22 percent (Rhythm and Insights).
22. 65 percent of executives visit a marketer’s website and 39 percent call a vendor after viewing a video (Forbes).
23. 92 percent of mobile video consumers share videos with others (Invodo).
24. 75 percent of online video viewers have interacted with an online video ad this month (Tremor Video).
25. Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97 percent and brand association by 139 percent (Unruly).
26. 50 percent of executives look for more information after seeing a product or service in a video (Forbes).
Video Gets Results.
Ok, this is the part you’ve all been waiting for: results! Yeah, we get it. Results are what count. The numbers tell the story better than we ever could.
27. 46 percent of users take some sort of action after viewing a video ad (Online Publishers Association)
28. 64 percent of people are more likely to buy a product online after watching a product video online (ComScore).
29. 96 percent of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns, of which 73 percent report positive ROI results (ReelSEO).
30. Real estate listings that include a video receive 403 percent more inquiries than those without a video (Australian Retailer).
31. An introductory email that includes a video increases its click-through rate by 96 percent (Implix).
32. Animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20 percent (Unbounce).
There you have it: 32 compelling facts about video marketing you can use to reach prospective customers and employees. Video is the way to go. Don’t hesitate to involve a professional video agency to make sure your video stands out in a very large (and exploding!) crowd. Professional video firms, like Tilt Motion, bring creativity and expertise to video production. It can mean the difference between just being out there and getting the spotlight to shine on your brand in powerful and memorable ways.